This Way Up 17 took place in Hull City of Culture, relive the conference experience, or catch up on anything you missed, via our handy round-up:
- After a warm welcome address from Martin Green, CEO & Director of Hull City of Culture 2017, we heard from three keynote speakers (Moira Sinclair, Jenny Sealey and Simran Hans) who shed light on the key issues that are currently facing the British Film industry. Read more here.
- Screen Daily’s Tom Grater spoke to BAFTA Award-winning immersive media specialist Catherine Allen, following her keynote concerning ethics in VR. Read more here
- Duncan Carson from the Independent Cinema Office spoke to David Ellington of VS1 Productions about how to best make cinemas accessible and engaging for D/deaf audiences. Read more here.
- We all embraced our failures and shared the worst things that we’ve experienced professionally. Cringe through them all, here.
- We galloped through the future of foreign language cinema, archiving of contemporary cinema, collecting data, and disruptive festival platforms. Get the highlights here.
- Melanie Iredale, Deputy Director of Sheffield Doc/ Fest spoke to Helen Thackery of Hull City Council, Mat Steel, Head of Production at Sheffield Doc / Fest, Tracy Ford of Sheffield Council and Maxine Rowson representing Rape Crisis, in the wake of the recent Harvey Weinstein revelations, and asks what we could be doing as an industry to improve safety for staff and guests. Read more here.