This Way Up 16 took place in Glasgow on 29 and 30 November 2016 with over 310 delegates and contributors engaged in 25 sessions, workshops, talks and events. Relive the conference experience, or catch up on anything you missed, via our handy round-up:
- All the Twitter chat as it happened has been captured in our Day One & Day Two Storify. And the lovely ICO also put together their own Storify which offers a fresh angle on the event.
- In addition to expertly chairing our ‘Personal Realities’ session, Screen International’s Tom Grater explored changing audiences, ticket pricing and virtual reality in “This Way Up 2016 wrap: audiences, VR in the spotlight“.
- Our Parental Guidance panel really caught the public’s imagination: read Hope Dickson Leach’s iNews article “Why the situation for parents in the creative industries needs to improve“; and listen to our panellists take part in a BBC Radio Scotland discussion on what it’s like being a woman in the film industry (1h30m into the programme).
- If you want to delve deeper into any of our sessions please check out the TWU blog and articles on The Bigger Picture. A range of writers give the low-down on the topics discussed and debated over the two days.
- We will be sharing videos of key sessions on our TWU YouTube channel – catch Life, Animated director Roger Ross Williams in conversation, and the BFI’s CEO Amanda Nevill discuss the BFI 2022 strategy.