This Way Up 16 – passes on sale!
THIS WAY UP 16, the UK’s film exhibition innovation conference, will take place at Glasgow Film Theatre on Tuesday 29 & Wednesday 30 November 2016 and delegate passes are on sale now at £130.
Jointly organised by Film Hubs Scotland, North West Central and North, this annual gathering invites film exhibitors from across the UK and Europe to come together to explore new ideas, emerging audience trends and the future of cinema. Be in the room with key figures from the sector – previous speakers have included renowned filmmakers, BFI, BBC, Little White Lies, Sheffield Doc/Fest and Screen International.
THIS WAY UP 16 is essential for anyone wishing to develop practical skills, discover new models and collaborate with like-minded innovators.
This Way Up 16 – Keynote Speakers and Themes Announced
We’re delighted to announce the keynote speakers and emerging themes for the third edition of This Way Up.
This year’s Keynote Speakers are:
- Bobby Allen – Vice President of Business Development at MUBI, a curated online cinema hosting cult, classic, independent, and award-winning movies. Bobby has previously worked for Celluloid Dreams, MTV Films Europe and Film Four Ltd.
- Johanna Koljonen – Swedish Broadcaster, Author, Critic and Media Analyst. Joanna is Editor of the Nostradamus Project, an annual report which predicts future trends in cinema consumption, exhibition and distribution.
- Dawn Walton – Founder/Artistic Director of Eclipse Theatre Company – the UK’s principal Black-led national touring company. With Eclipse Dawn recently launched Revolution Mix with the aim of provoking major change, tackling inequality and creating a lasting legacy.
The Keynote Speakers will present a quartet of provocation addresses to inspire and reflect on these core themes:
- The Problem of Abundance – Super-Saturated Cinema Audiences
- The Future of Storytelling – Virtual & Augmented Reality
- Hacking the Back Office – Design-Led Film Exhibition
- The Power of Place – Rural, Urban, Community & Pop-Up
The full line-up and schedule will be revealed in October. Watch this space!
This Way Up 15 Highlights
To get in the mood for THIS WAY UP 16, take a look at what we got up to last year in the below Highlights Video. TWU15 took place at HOME in Manchester on 2 & 3 December 2015, with a programme that featured over 60 speakers and 20 panels, workshops and labs. Check out the full TWU15 programme here.